Hello again all! I have another recipe post to share with you today. I absolutely love Thai food, it is one of my favorite types of food to eat but there are not many Thai recipes I have been brave enough to try. When I came across this one from Eat Live Run I knew that was about to change. I love red curry and coconut milk together and all the veggies in the dish sounded delicious. I made this for dinner last night putting my own spin on it and I think it came out great. I really think anyone would like this dish, so why not give it a try?
Thai Red Coconut Curry Chicken And Vegetables
- 1-1/2 lbs of boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 cans (about 4 cups) of light coconut milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons of red curry paste (4 tablespoons if you like spice0
- 2 baby bok choy clusters, ends chopped
- 3 small zucchini, peeled and sliced into 1/4" thick pieces
- 1″ knob ginger, grated
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and sliced into 1/4″ thick pieces
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1/4" thick pieces
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tsp salt
- cooked rice or quinoa for serving
Directions:Heat the coconut oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot (I used a dutch oven) over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add the ginger and saute until it starts to brown, about two minutes.
Salt and pepper the chicken and add it to the pot. Sear it until browned on the outside but not quite cooked through. Remove from the pot and set aside. Add the zucchini, sweet potatoes, onion, and carrots to the pot and saute for about five minutes. Add the curry paste to to pot and mix in with the viggies. Then add the chicken back to the pot. Pour in the coconut milk and water, then add the bok choy, and chopped snow peas. Bring the curry to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer and cover. Stir in the fish sauce, salt, lime juice and sugar. Continue simmering over medium/low heat until veggies are soft. This will take about 10 minutes. Serve curry over rice or quinoa and enjoy!