Hello again lovelies, so sorry for my 2 day hiatus but I have just been a little busy lately. I promise to do a few more outfit posts in the upcoming weeks, but today I have another delicious and simple recipe for you all to try. This is for a simple caprese salad that is not only easy to make, but yummy and impressive to make when you have a few friends over. It only takes 6 ingredients (plus salt and pepper) to make this plate of deliciousness so it keeps your wallet full as well. I hope you enjoy!
- 1-2 large or 3-4 medium tomatoes (just use the same sized tomatoes as your cheese)
- 1-2 large or 3-4 medium balls of fresh mozzarella cheese in water (buffalo mozzarella is the best)
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, the juice of about 1-3 lemons
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
Juice lemons and remove any seeds or pulp. Mix well with the vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper to make a dressing. Slice tomatoes and cheese into equal sized slices (about 1/4 inch thick). Wash basil and remove leaves from stems. Arrange the cheese, tomatoes, and basil on a plate alternating evenly. Pour the desired amount of dressing over the salad and enjoy!